|We will be a model of excellence and integrity in providing high quality staff, programs, services, training and work environments in order to serve those in need of greater independence.
|The primary purpose of UVAH is to help people with disabilities meet their full potential as individuals and productive citizens in our community. We do this by providing a wide range of services, a supportive environment and by educating and involving the community in an effort to integrate people with disabilities into community life.
We provide assessment, employability development, social development, follow-up and additional support services to improve the social and economic independence of people with disabilities.
UVAH has two major programs to achieve these objectives - the Rural Adult Program and Mayacama Industries. In 2008, L.I.F.E. Services was added as a new service. All services are co-sponsored by the Ukiah Unified School District Adult School. Private or third-party funding is accepted for all UVAH services.
|YOU CAN HELP
- Becoming a member of UVAH
- Making a tax-deductible donation
- Joining in the work as a volunteer, Board Member or committee member.
- Supporting UVAH's fundraising efforts
- Getting other groups interested in
UVAH's activities and needs.
- Providing work training sites
- Contracting for a service crew
- Hiring through Mayacama Employment Service
- Working as an UVAH employee
|UVAH is a private not-for-profit California corporation
serving the needs of individuals with disabilities.